REFLECTOR: insurance

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Wed Jul 29 11:45:52 CDT 2009


I had planned the same thing Scott. What happens if someone steals it & crashes it (In flight). 

Kurt 


-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Wed, Jul 29, 2009 10:40 am
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: insurance



The hull insurance does seem a tad high but I'm always surprised by how
much things cost.

It is probably related to your low hours, do you have an Instrument rating?

My hull insurance is "non-flight", which cuts the cost in half.
Basically I'm insured until I pull out on the runway, and then following
landing  I'm once again insured when I pull off the runway.  This puts
me in the self insured for flight category , I break it, I fix it.  But
on the ground, for ramp rash, hanger rash, theft or the gas truck
running in to me I'm insured.

I've had Falcon for 5 years.

Scott



Lou Stedman wrote:
> I just got a quote from Falcon Insurance for my Velocity. It seemed a
> bit high. I am going with $50K hull, $1M Liability. The aircraft has
> 600+ hrs on it, I have 350+ hrs, and over 40+ hrs in Velocity.  The
> quote was $1622 for hull and $350 liability. Has anyone done better
> than this? I have not insured it before and now I remember why.
>  
> Lou Stedman
> Velocity N7044Q
> Olean, NY
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090729/cb2713e8/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list