REFLECTOR: Fuel shutoff valve location

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Jul 19 17:33:36 CDT 2009


I placed mine in the keel, where easy access was possible.  I had an
engine failure on the first flight.  I'm pretty sure it was a fuel
problem, and indications point to the pumps not having an adequate
supply of fuel, but tests afterwards indicate that I should have been
able to get them reprimed and pumping again.

Bottom line is, I'm not certain what caused my failure, but I am going
to relocate the shutoff valve next to the sump.

David Ullman wrote:
> Where have people put their fuel shutoff valve?  It seems stupid to put
> it where it can be reached.  Thus, I am currently planning on running
> the fuel line from the sump, up the center spine and putting the valve
> in a location I can reach and then running a line back around the sump
> and to the firewall fitting.  Thoughts??
> 
>  
> 
> David G. Ullman
> 
> ullman at robustdecisions.com <mailto:ullman at robustdecisions.com>
> 
> 541-754-3609
> 
> 
> 
> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus
> signature database 4256 (20090718) __________
> 
> The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.
> 
> http://www.eset.com
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: michalk.vcf
Type: text/x-vcard
Size: 210 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090719/1f3c8af5/attachment.vcf>


More information about the Reflector mailing list