REFLECTOR: Nice brake upgrade

Stockman, Bill bill.stockman at daytonaero.com
Tue Jul 14 09:58:57 CDT 2009


I've got the thinner rotors but with the slots cut in them.    They work
fine, but the fade effect is still there.   I did a young eagles like
event this past weekend (nine flights in about three hours on a short
runway with no wind) and the brakes were getting hot and fading.    I'll
definitely do the upgrade when the current pads wear out.

 

Bill Stockman, Senior Associate

Dayton Aerospace

 

(937) 369-4799 cell

(937) 426-4300 work

bill.stockman at daytonaero.com

________________________________

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Velocity
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 9:54 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Nice brake upgrade

 

Seams like a great way to upgrade the braking system. Any one used the
new brakes yet?

	----- Original Message ----- 

	From: Don Johnston <mailto:don at numa.aero>  

	To: reflector at tvbf.org 

	Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2009 12:12 PM

	Subject: REFLECTOR: Wing attach bolt hole?

	 

	I have recently completed my brake upgrade which involves
improving the brake fade problem with Matco brakes. Rather than bore all
the Cleveland equipped builders, I'll just direct you to my build page.
I apologize if it seems basic, but I have friends and family that are
following my build so I try to keep it simple.

	 

	http://www.velocity-xl.com/brakes.html

	 

	And finally, I have fastbuild wings with a small access hole in
the top and bottom. It's a real pain trying to get the nut on the bolt
through that hole.

	 

	1)      I have better access if I put the bolt in through the
wing and the nut on the front (through the strake). Is this acceptable
or does the bolt have to go in the front?

	2)      I've seen that some builders put a single large hole in
the bottom of the wing that goes up to the top. This also eliminates the
small access hole cover on the top of the wing. Is this an acceptable
retrofit?

	 

	Don Johnston

	XL-RG

	www.velocity-xl.com

	 

	 

	
________________________________


	_______________________________________________
	To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
	
	Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
	user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
	Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
	Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090714/908eba22/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list