REFLECTOR: Blue Mountain ceases
Andrew Ellzey
ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 7 14:58:50 CDT 2009
Unless someone sues him, I would say that he still needs an income and will support his product as best that he can. This may be the best thing to happen for the products that are still out in the market, my Effis One included. Greg should have more time to fix and improve existing products instead of working on new products. It sounds like he might even have enough work on existing product to keep a small staff of technicians to repair old units. This would go a long way in making a good faith effort to restart the company if and when the economy improves after we get the Socialist Dems out of our government.
Its unfortunate that Greg didn't elaborate more on the direction he sees his company taking. As far as updates go, Greg did say that the web site was payed up for several years to come and I would think this would be one of the issues that would be easy to support. I have a free 1 year subscription that I have never started because I am still building my aircraft. At least some people have gotten some use out of their systems.
Andy Ellzey
________________________________
From: Doug Kanczuzewski <doug at customstudio.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2009 1:10:55 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Blue Mountain ceases
I hesitate to pay another $395 each for the updates if it is not going to be around for a year. I have both the EFIS 1 and EFIS lite.
Doug K
From:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Richard J. Gentil
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 11:04 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Blue Mountain ceases
Do make sure to download all their latest manuals and software updates so you have them before they turn the website off.
Richard
Alex Balic wrote:
Dang- sorry to see that- especially since my unit is currently not working properly, I heard that possibly, an owners group would take over self-service of the units on another website- as for database updates, Greg says that they will continue, but not sure for how long that will be….
________________________________
From:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Andy Millin
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 9:03 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: Blue Mountain ceases
Announcement on their site this morning.
http://www.bluemountainavionics.com
=====================================
Andy Millin
amillin at sbcglobal.net
________________________________
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090707/2af65f5c/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list