REFLECTOR: Charitable flights in experimentals

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Jul 3 08:28:38 CDT 2009


Jim,

the different segments of AF have different policies.  They are a very
fractured organization.  I flew for Air Lifeline for a few years using
my Bonanza at first and then my Velocity.  They had no problem with my
using an experimental.  Then Air Lifeline merged with Angel Flight
West.  After I had flown 4 or 5 flights for Angel Flight I heard that
one of the east coast AF groups forbid the use of experimentals. I kept
my mouth shut and continued to fly missions.  About two years after Air
Lifeline merged I got a form from AF West for my pilot and aircraft
specifics and listed my Velocity.  I got a call a couple months later
telling me I couldn't use my Velocity, but I was more than welcome to
send cash.  I told them to stuff it.

If the AF group in your area allows experimentals, go for it.  

Scott

Jim Kanter wrote:
> Angel Flight in Georgia is fine with my Velo. People love flying in
> it. Do any of the AF groups give reasons for disallowing
> experimentals?
>
> Officially, Veteran's Airlift Command doesn't allow experimentals, but
> they just asked me to make a flight for them on Monday.
>
> Jim
>
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Scott Derrick<scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:
>   
>> Its a damn shame too.  I made quite a few flight for Angel Flight in my
>> Velocity.  I would do what they considered long distance flights, from
>> ABQ to DALLAS, ABQ to BUR,  ABQ to SAN, etc.   Then Angel West they
>> changed their rules and I stopped flying for them.
>>
>> It was a lot of fun, and I miss it.  The people I flew would
>> specifically request me for repeat flights because I got them there so
>> fast, non stop.   They would usually be a bit  surprised  when they
>> first saw the plane. But after words thought it was more comfortable,
>> quieter and definitely faster than any other small GA plane they had
>> ever flown in.
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> Dave wrote:
>>     
>>> But many charitable organizations will not utilize Experimentals...
>>> various Angel Flight's come to mind as an example.
>>>
>>>
>>>       
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>     
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>   

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 260 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090703/14e20b76/attachment.pgp>


More information about the Reflector mailing list