REFLECTOR: Factory Transition Training

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Fri Jan 30 14:58:01 CST 2009


I have not bound the policy yet, and am waiting on Ray Seif at AOPAIA.

There is a new underwriter, Britt/Paulk that is competitive.  About the 
same price for lower deductibles.

nmflyer1 at aol.com wrote:
> who did you end up going with Brian?
>
> Kurt
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com>
> To: velocityoner at yahoo.com; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
> <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:10 pm
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Factory Transition Training
>
> Victor,
>
> It looks like I will be getting insurance that only required 5 hours of 
> factory training.
> I appreciate your willingness to help.
>
> victor taylor wrote:
> > Hello Chris and Nice to Meet You,
> >  
> > I am in Beaumont and was in Houston today. I would love to come over 
> > to take a look at your airplane some time. I will try to bring my 
> > airplane back over here the next time I go home. I am in Beaumont and 
> > we have a hanger over here. I flew over in a Cozy Mk 4. I have to 
> > order a set of tires and some brakes to get mine back in the air and 
> > just have not had the time to take care of it lately.
> > Any of you interested in a Velocity flight review or instruction feel 
> > free to contact me at 251-377-5216. I will do my very best to fly with 
> > you.
> > For all of you about to get your airplane in the air let me tell you 
> > that you will really enjoy this airplane. The staff at Velocity will 
> > do what ever they can for you.
> > I must tell you that there is one serious problem with the Velocity 
> > though. You cannot make a quick fuel stop because everyone wants to 
> > ask questions about it. So if you don't want to be rude you will be 
> > answering questions everytime you stop. Just please be carefull as we 
> > know from past history, it does kill those who are not qualified to 
> > fly it. I will do everything I can to help anyone as well as any other 
> > Velocity owners, but I don't want to start any serious training if you 
> > are two years out from flying your airplane. If you think you will fly 
> > this year then give me a call.
> >  
> > Sincerely,
> >  
> > Victor Taylor
> >
> > --- On *Sat, 1/17/09, Christopher Barber 
> > /<CBarber at texasattorney.net <mailto:CBarber at texasattorney.net>>/* wrote:
> >
> >     From: Christopher Barber <CBarber at texasattorney.net <mailto:CBarber at texasattorney.net>>
> >     Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Factory Transition Training
> >     To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>>
> >     Date: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 11:55 AM
> >
> >     Victor,
> >      
> >     I too am getting ready to fly...well, pretty close anyway, in my
> >     SE/FG. I live in Houston, but love the Hill Country (went to
> >     school in sin city...uh, I mean San Marcos) and relish any reason
> >     to get out there.  If you are open to it I would love the
> >     opportunity to come out to do some training with you.  Thanks for
> >     letting us know about you.
> >      
> >     If willing, I would like some info such as what airport you fly
> >     out of etc.  Thanks again.
> >      
> >     All the best,
> >      
> >     Chris Barber
> >     Houston, Texas
> >     www.LoneStarVelocity.com <http://www.lonestarvelocity.com/> <http://www.lonestarvelocity.com/>
> >      
> >     CBarber at TexasAttorney.net <mailto:CBarber at TexasAttorney.net> <mailto:CBarber at TexasAttorney.net <mailto:CBarber at TexasAttorney.net?>>
> >     CBarber at BellairePolice.com <mailto:CBarber at BellairePolice.com> <mailto:CBarber at BellairePolice.com <mailto:CBarber at BellairePolice.com?>> 
> >
> >         ----- Original Message -----
> >         *From:* mike.roberts at kennametal.com <mailto:mike.roberts at kennametal.com>
> >         <mailto:mike.roberts at kennametal.com <mailto:mike.roberts at kennametal.com?>>
> >         *To:* velocityoner at yahoo.com <mailto:velocityoner at yahoo.com> <mailto:velocityoner at yahoo.com <mailto:velocityoner at yahoo.com?>> ;
> >         Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> >         <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org?>>
> >         *Sent:* Friday, January 16, 2009 12:41 PM
> >         *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: Factory Transition Training
> >
> >
> >         Hello Victor....
> >
> >         I'd be very interested in getting some further instrument
> >         training in a Velocity, (I have an all glass XLRG) and was
> >         wondering if that's something you would be interested in. My
> >         email address is below.
> >
> >         Mike W Roberts
> >         Director of Sales, Americas
> >         Metalworking Solutions & Services Group
> >         email: mike.roberts at kennametal.com <mailto:mike.roberts at kennametal.com>
> >         <mailto:mike.roberts at kennametal.com <mailto:mike.roberts at kennametal.com?>>
> >         T 803-578-4590
> >         M 843-597-2293
> >
> >         Kennametal Inc. | 1662 MacMillan Park Drive | Fort Mill, SC
> >         29707 | www.kennametal.com <http://www.kennametal.com/>
> >
> >         Imperfect action is better than perfect inaction....DO IT NOW...
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >         *victor taylor <velocityoner at yahoo.com <mailto:velocityoner at yahoo.com>>*
> >         Sent by: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org <mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org>
> >         01/08/2009 09:50 PM
> >         Please respond to
> >         velocityoner at yahoo.com <mailto:velocityoner at yahoo.com>; Please respond to
> >         Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>>
> >
> >
> >           
> >         To
> >           Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>>
> >         cc
> >           
> >         Subject
> >           Re: REFLECTOR: Factory Transition Training
> >
> >
> >
> >           
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >         Hello Brian,
> >          
> >         If you are in Austin I would be glad to work with you some in
> >         my airplane. I have a Velocity FG STD N93DV that is 15 years
> >         old. All of Velocity is familiar with me and will give you any
> >         information you would like on me. I am a CFII with 15,000 hrs
> >         and 1200 in canards. I have 400 hours in my own Velocity.
> >         Avemco has been OK with my transition training for Long EZ's
> >         in the past.
> >         Call Scott or Ken Baker or Scott Swing and talk to them about
> >         me. They may still want you to come to the factory to go
> >         through their complete course though. Let me know if I can be
> >         of assitance to you or any other Velicitites on the training.  
> >         You are really going to enjoy your airplane !
> >          
> >         Victor Taylor
> >         CFIIME
> >         251-377-5216
> >         --- On *Thu, 1/8/09, Brian Michalk /<michalk at awpi.com <mailto:michalk at awpi.com>>/* wrote:
> >         From: Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com <mailto:michalk at awpi.com>>
> >         Subject: REFLECTOR: Factory Transition Training
> >         To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list"
> >         <reflector at tvbf.org <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>>
> >         Date: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 3:43 PM
> >
> >         I think I'll be ready for first flight at the end of this
> >         month, so I'm
> >         trying to get my transition training in with the factory.
> >         To polish my skills, I'm going to get some right seat time in
> >         a buddies
> >         Velocity Elite.  That should satisfy most of the experience
> >         needed
> >         before getting to the factory.
> >
> >         So, I'm asking the collective if there is anyone flying to
> >         Florida
> >         through Austin.  I'd like to hitch a ride.
> >         Otherwise, it looks like Southwest Airlines is going to sell
> >         me one last
> >         ticket.
> >         _______________________________________________
> >         To change your email address, visit
> >         http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> >         Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
> >         user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >         Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
> >         Check old archives:
> >         http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
> >
> >         _______________________________________________
> >         To change your email address, visit
> >         http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> >         Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
> >         user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >         Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
> >         Check old archives:
> >         http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >         ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >         _______________________________________________
> >         To change your email address, visit
> >         http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> >         Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
> >         user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >         Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
> >         Check old archives:
> >         http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
> >     _______________________________________________
> >     To change your email address, visit
> >     http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> >     Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
> >     user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >     Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
> >     Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Get instant access to the latest & most popular *FREE* games while you 
> browse with the Games Toolbar - Download Now 
> <http://toolbar.aol.com/games/download.html?ncid=emlweusdown00000026>!
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list