REFLECTOR: Franklin Cylinder Removal

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 24 21:49:43 CST 2009


John,

That goo is heatsink compound.  Radio Shack might have some. If not, try www.sspinc.com/lubricants_spec.cfm . 

Larry Coen
N136LC



From: aminetech at bluefrog.com 
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2009 5:50 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Franklin Cylinder Removal


I took Larry's advice and repeated the cylinder pressure test.  The #2 leaked a lot of air out the exhaust.  I also fashioned a large Q-tip using 3/4" PVC with a paper towel folded in half twice, wrapped around the end.  I found black material in the exhaust at the #2 cylinder.  There was also some gritty material.  A mechanic said this is typical of a worn valve guide.  So I have the cylinder off and will send it out Monday for repair.  My thermocouple well on top of the cylinder is filled with a white paste.  Anyone know what this is and where to get some?

John


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090124/b8eaa908/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list