REFLECTOR: Insurance

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Fri Jan 16 10:03:39 CST 2009


I'm weaving my way through the last of the details to get to first flight.

I managed to get a quote from Aerospace Insurance Managers through Falcon.
They want 15 hours of training in a Velocity.  I'm fairly low time at 
just under 250 hours.
I'm trying to optimize my $$ with insurance, factory checkout, DARs, etc.

Strange, my technical counselor visits did not help a bit.  AIM is also 
not requiring a factory checkout.  I feel somewhat disrespected by the 
EAA at this time.  I thought they would be more helpful.  In trying to 
figure out the FAA paperwork that I needed to file, I called them up, 
really just needing a simple checklist.  Not that I was not able to find 
them online, but they all conflicted in one way or another and I knew I 
could trust the EAA checklist.  They made me buy a packet, $20 after 
shipping that included crap I didn't need like a dataplate, adhesive 
stickers, etc.  I just needed the darn checklist.


More information about the Reflector mailing list