REFLECTOR: Static Stuff

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 28 08:53:05 CST 2009


Thanks for that.  I should check mine.  I have to tell you I never tried,
but I hope to do some formation work this summer as another quick and simple
means to compare.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of LAURA WALKER
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2009 5:51 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Static Stuff

Actually, I am now venting my static side to cabin source as well as the
outside port. I have an "alternate static" toggle valve in my panel that
opens up the static side this way. I cannot choose cabin source only with
this valve. This makes the indicated airspeed read about 12 kts closer to
reality than with the outside source only. I am still, however, reading
about 12 - 15 kts faster than the actual indicated speed should be.  This
error diminishes to around 5 kts at 140 indicated and 1-2 kts at 90
indicated. 

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list