REFLECTOR: Pitch trim poll

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sat Feb 28 00:44:54 CST 2009


Don;

 

I have used the stock trim system for 140 hr of flying, and find it entirely
acceptable. I trimmed the width when I installed to so I could overcome the
force of complete opposite travel in either direction. I kept the spring as
long as possible - just so it clears the top on the fuselage.  The stick
feel is good, and I get enough trim force in both directions.

 

At my normal cruise of 160-170 KTAS it is very sensitive, but the rate at
pattern speeds is good.  Would be nice to have a circuit slows the trim
motor at higher airspeeds. (Don't currently have altitude hold on the
autopilot).

 

Al

 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Don Johnston
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 10:10 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Pitch trim poll

 

I'm getting ready to install the elevator pitch trim and heard about the
Alex Strong pitch trim.

 

http://mysite.verizon.net/res80xp0/strongvelocitypitchtrim/

 

Just wondering what the general consensus is regarding this versus the
factory trim mechanism. 

 

Is there anyone that's flown with both and can offer a comparison?

 

As for the people flying behind the factory version, are you happy with it? 

 

It does seem to open up some room on top of the canard.

 

-Don Johnston 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090227/4fea34df/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list