REFLECTOR: Placards

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 09:57:13 CST 2009


It's supposed to rain today. I'll put some coated labels outside and see how they do.

Doug
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: aminetech at bluefrog.com 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 8:17 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Placards


  You need a weatherproof label.  Avery shows #15513 as weatherproof.  I have some special paper I had made up for my business.  I've used it on my plane and it works fine.  I can send you a sheet if you want.  It only works with laser.

  John

  --- douglas.holub at gmail.com wrote:

  From: "Douglas Holub" <douglas.holub at gmail.com>
  To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Placards
  Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 20:33:51 -0600


  I was going to get some custom vinyl labels made for the 5 placards on my panel, but I knew it was going to cost me more than $100, and it would be a pain to make changes later if I needed to. So I Googled and found out that I could print black background and white text on Avery shiping labels using Word and a laser jet or ink jet printer. They came out very nice. My hangar mate thought they were done professionally. 

  The first time I did it the placards looked great for awhile, but then they started getting all smudgy.  So I looked for some sealer in a spray can, and found VitaClear Transfer Coat which is used for sealing decals on models, I think. Now no smudges. I've attached the Word document of my placards in case anyone wants to use them for a boilerplate for use on Avery 5263 2"x4" adhesive shipping labels.

  Doug Holub
  N2980W flying for 0.8 hours
  _______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090217/5f5012d1/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list