REFLECTOR: Oil removal for paint prep

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 25 21:42:47 CDT 2009


Brett,
I know it would add to what you have done, but here is another thought.  If
there was a particularly bad area, you could do what I had to do after the
gear up landing and that is cut off 24x24 square off the lower skin, buy
some dyvinacel from the factory and replace the foam and outer skin.  You
could start with a much smaller opening and see how much the oil was able to
penetrate the foam.  It would help peace of mind too.  Just an idea.  It was
not hard for me to make this repair and the skin blending is all out of view
on the underbelly.  
Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Brett Ferrell
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 19:46
To: reflector
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Oil removal for paint prep

Terry,

Thanks, I sort of make Dawn, so I'd already tried that, like Jerry said
we've got it weeping through the interior and out pinholes on the bottom.
Mayor Millin gave em a good suggestion to get some solvent in the weeping
holes and then hitting them with the shop vac to pull the oil through.  That
seems to be working, but it's a sloooow process.

Brett
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list