REFLECTOR: Oil removal for paint prep
nmflyer1 at aol.com
nmflyer1 at aol.com
Mon Aug 24 22:15:21 CDT 2009
Brett,
I have had good results using Castrol SuperClean. Comes in a purple 1-gallon bottle & can be found at Wal-Mart or Autozone..etc.
Then I would follow up with R-M 900 Pre Kleaner. I got mine at a professional paint supply (automotive). It is designed to take off wax, grease, silicone, etc.
Or, you could ask the same folks where you get your paint. That is how I ended up wth the R-M 900
Good Luck.? Kurt
-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com>
To: reflector <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Mon, Aug 24, 2009 6:52 pm
Subject: REFLECTOR: Oil removal for paint prep
Hey folks,
We're basically ready to paint 44VF, but I haven't been able to sufficiently
clean the oil off of our belly, so I'm afraid the primer won't bond properly.
Does anybody have a good sure-fire trick for cleaning oil off of fiberglass?
Brett
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090824/fd078b9a/attachment-0001.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list