REFLECTOR: ElectroAir

vance atkinson nostromo56 at tx.rr.com
Sun Aug 23 06:45:31 CDT 2009


ElectroAir.

I have been running Jeffs ElectroAir system since Aug 1991,  thats about 
18 years.  I ran one system for 6 months then a second system from then 
on.  Ive had one pickup coil go bad in all that time.  I use the timing 
wheel on the crankshaft  for each pickup for each system.  I have used a 
B&C starter for the last 23 years, ( yes I bought one of the first 
ones). In that time I have used only automotive plugs (NGK plugs with 
adapters) and auto harness, although I only use Avgas.  The system has 
worked well and I am happy with it.  I have about 1900 hours on my Cozy 
III, about 1700 on the ElectroAir.

The engine starts on the 2nd or 3rd blade (its a fuel injected 0320) and 
I use both ElectroAirs for starting.  The Battery is located on the spar 
so the run is less than 5 ft to the starter to the batt.  I run #2 cable 
to the bat and ground.
Vance Atkinson
EAA Tech and Flt Advisor
COZY  N43CZ
VEZ   N3LV


More information about the Reflector mailing list