REFLECTOR: Weather sites
Terry Miles
terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 20 20:35:34 CDT 2009
Scott,
I knew of the others. That last one was great. What a find. I had a guy
show me this one http://fltplan.com/
You might have a look. It assembles a nice briefing page, and does all the
other stuff like storing routes and so on. Problem is their enroute
sequences (for the wx brief) are more for jet traffic and get a little far
away for somebody in Victor airspace.
Terry
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 08:43
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Weather sites
Always looking for the latest and greatest (free) weather forecast web
site..
Of course the gold standard is Duat
https://www.duat.com/cgi-bin/duatmain.pl
It also satisfies your legal requirement for a weather briefing, as does
aopa's flight planner and other sites.
My first general site after Duat is the NOAA graphical
http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/graphical/sectors/conusWeek.php
if the weather is really nasty I 'll use the ADDS site
http://adds.aviationweather.gov/
and sometimes their Java based flight path tool
http://weather.aero/jade/
another great(best I've found) tool for determining ceilings when the
weather is challenging is NOAA MET MOS graphics
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/mdl/forecast/graphics/MET/
select the "Ceiling Height/Ceiling Height(Cat)" product at the bottom of the
list. It is usually right on the money and goes out 4 days..
More information about the Reflector
mailing list