REFLECTOR: Static RPM Question

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 12:56:08 CDT 2009


I was in Laramie last week, field elevation around 7300 feet. I was 
surprised how sluggish the plane was moving on the take-off roll. I pulled 
the mixture out a little and got about 2200 RPMs during the roll. Two blade 
fixed pitch cruise prop and a non-turbo'd 195 hp engine.

Doug Holub
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:39 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Static RPM Question


> I'm planning a trip to WY next month and was wondering if the static rpm 
> changes at higher altitudes.
>
> John
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 



More information about the Reflector mailing list