REFLECTOR: New Member/vendors

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Wed Apr 22 09:26:16 CDT 2009


 
In a message dated 4/22/2009 5:34:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,  
don at numa.aero writes:

I think the forum is better 
without vendors. 


I was one of the first few reflector members in 95 when it was set  up.  
This is exactly the reason for the closed list.  At the time when  I was 
approached about joining the reflector, it was because I had actually hand  slow 
built a velocity, with the old manuals.  There were only a handful  flying 
but quite a few being built.  My first response was that I don't  have time 
for a "chat room" and answer a bunch of "wish I could build one"  questions.  
I was assured that the reflector was just the opposite and was  strictly 
for builders helping builders.  At the time, Dwaine from Velocity  was on it 
and would chime in quite often.  This bothered some as  he would not always 
have an open mind regarding builders  issues.  Not known to many, but partly 
due to this, there was a  "second" reflector set up for reflectorites to get 
away from any  outside commercial influence and discuss pure building 
issues.  Names  on this list were not important, just the flow of builder advise, 
hints,  points and "been there;did this."  This list was not handed over 
when Brian  took over and fell aside, but it was where the real "meat and 
potatoes"  were.  There was no handholding, ego issues, squabbling, flaming,  
chatting, joke replies, just real building/enginering issues discussed.   The 
reflector is now a chat room with building and what ever issues that  
honestly, drag on way to much.  I have stated this before.   No wonder so many 
Velocities are still in the barn.  Seem there some  posters that spend more 
time on the computer than building.  Computer  time is not part of the 12,000 
hours it took to build the plane.  It  took me 2500 hours with the old Danny 
manuals.  I understand that to  some, the greatest part of building is the 
camaraderie and socializing with  like interest individuals and this is fine 
and healthy., thats what fly-ins  and chat rooms are for.  Just not what the 
reflector was set up for.   Now we have a mt guy on board.  Heres some mt 
feedback; mt, biggest piece  of crap for IO-360C1C powered Velocities 
(supported by personal  experiance/facts) in both product, and company support.  
That  statement would have been something posted on the "secret reflector" 
with a  factual explanation supporting it along with possible  
soultions/alternatives.  Now, is the mt guy going to chime in and try to  defend his 
livelihood objectively with an open mind?  If I was in  his shoes, not sure if I or 
anyone could when business is at stake, just human  nature.
 
Nothing personally to Velocity, mt guy or the computer fliers/part  time 
airplane builder.  We all need to stick together not only for our  safety, but 
for GA in general.  Just my $.02 take-home from $1.00 net  income which is 
worth the same, nothing.
TEC    
**************Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops! 
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220433404x1201394533/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B214133109%3B36002181%3Bk)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090422/b5243afc/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list