REFLECTOR: New Member Intro

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 01:37:05 CDT 2009


It sounds selfish and cliquish to want to exclude someone from the forum,
but if I had a vote (and I don't) I would vote no. (Don't take it
personally, John; I don't even know you.) I think the forum is better
without vendors. Would we like to have a Lycoming sales guy and a Dynon
sales guy as part of the group, too? It seems to me that their reason for
being a part of the group would be to promote their products and to reach
customers, not to help Velocity builders build better airplanes. I say it
would be better to hear from another builder the good experience he's had
with an MT prop than to hear it from the world's largest distributor.

Doug Holub

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:06 PM, <nmflyer1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Honestly, I trust Brian's judgement on what he will allow on HIS forum.
> Thanks Brian.
>
> The history, reputation, customer service, performance, price, and
> downright lack of knowledge on their part makes me very glad to have NOT
> chosen MT. I doubt they would have performed worth beans on my 340 HP (over
> 700'lbs torque) aluminum block V-6 setup on my 173 Elite. I know there is
> not much choice in the prop area for a Velocity, and that is a shame. I
> believe if some actual research was done, the prop could make a tremendous
> difference on the performance of our ships.
>
> Best of luck to all... and I look forward to the posts.. much like the
> Sunday comics.
>
> Kurt
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: John Tvedte <johnt at comp-sol.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:00 pm
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: New Member Intro
>
> Initially, I thought somewhat the same thing...why a vendor... but soon
> thereafter, I thought...hmm...the worlds largest MT distributor...
>
> So, I was thinking, that perhaps that would get people to comment on the issues
> that have been mentioned in the past.. and perhaps the worlds largest MT
> distributor might take interest to know what people are concerned about ... oh,
> things like FOD damage to their propellers, and maybe, just maybe - as the
> worlds largest distributor, they might get someone in Germany to listen.  Of
> course, the customer service issue, is likely cultural .  :)
>
> I say - Welcome John.
>
> John
>
> ________________________________________
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Al
> Gietzen [ALVentures at cox.net]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:43 PM
> To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: New Member Intro
>
> Well; I expect somebody else has thought this, but I'll say it.  This is a
> list for Velocity builders and owners - not parts vendors.  And I see no
> reason to make am exception for one.  If someone wants to post a link to a
> vendor they like, OK.
>
> Al
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org <reflector-bounces at tvbf.org?>] On
> Behalf Of John Nielsen
> Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:25 PM
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR: New Member Intro
>
> Thank you for allowing me the privilege of membership to this forum.  My
> name is John Nielsen.  I am one of the owners of Flight Resource.  We
> are the world's largest volume MT propeller distributor and own many MT
> propeller STC's for over a hundred thousand of aircraft (Aviat, Cessna,
> Bonanza, Piper, Mooney and most experimental).
>
> I will monitor this forum for the purpose of being a contact and
> resource to questions related to the MT composite propeller.
>
> You can also reach me direct at 715-568-3980 or by e-mail:John at Flight-Resource.com
>
> We have in stock a new, assembled 3-blade MT prop that was ordered, then
> the buyer decided to order a 4-blade.  It was designed to work best with
> the TCM IO-550 engine.  The model is MTV-9-D/LD178-102a and includes a
> P-622 kevlar spinner.  Normal price is $12,650 plus assembly, shipping
> and crate.  For this prop only, we can allow it to be sold for $10,999
> INCLUDING assembled shipping to your door.
>
> Best regards,
>
> John Nielsen, Pres.
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visithttp://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> ------------------------------
> Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220433404x1201394533/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B214133109%3B36002181%3Bk>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090422/9a556b19/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list