REFLECTOR: One hundred miles per gallon

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Tue Apr 21 14:42:56 CDT 2009


Chuck;

 

That's pretty amazing - I was going to say "unbelievable" but I guess I do
believe it.  But he flies alone in what is realistically a single place
airplane; and has spent most of his adult life making it efficient.

 

I think if I slowed down to about 125 kts, and leaned aggressively, I could
get 30 mpg - and I think I have 3 times the airplane he has:-).  I need to
do some more adjusting on getting the EGTs the same at lean cruise
conditions, and I haven't played with the timing at all; which is something
I can do from the cockpit in-flight.

 

BTW; regarding the VGs - it's OK to put them on the wings, and not the
canard; but not vice versa. It actually reduces the chances of deep stall -
reduces the stall speed of the wing.

 

Enjoyed your visit on Sunday.  Hope the bounced, crooked takeoff didn't
scare anybody. I wasn't concerned, but I thought later that if I had been a
passenger, I would have been.

 

Al

 

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090421/4dc2dd6d/attachment.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/gif
Size: 1065 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090421/4dc2dd6d/attachment.gif>


More information about the Reflector mailing list