REFLECTOR: Transponder and Radio issues

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sat Apr 11 16:11:15 CDT 2009


Don't forget to check the Ground side as well. If there is a common ground between these 2 pieces of equipment, that would do it. 



Kurt 


-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 8:57 am
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Transponder and Radio issues




1- connector problem on main bus. Check battery, buss and alternator
connectors.
2- battery going south.  check battery voltage engine not running, with
no load(12.6-13.0), with radio transmitting(12+)
3- alternator/regulator failure.  check battery voltage with engine
running, no load(13.8-14.2), with radio transmitting(13.6-14.2)
4- noise on battery buss.  check sound of radio transmitting, engine not
running, then engine running.

I doubt your  transponder and  com  radio  are going south  at the same
time, unless your system experienced a serious voltage spike, even then
I'd be surprised.

Scott

aminetech at bluefrog.com wrote:
> This past week on my return fllight from Corpus Christi to MS, I was
> told by 3 ATCs that they weren't receiving my mode C.  One received it
> briefly.  Also I was told that my radio was weak.  I receive
> transmissions fine, but have noticed when transmitting that the volume
> in my headset is very loud and distorted.  My plane is 10 years old
> with 670 hours.  Is this something to get repaired, or is it tme for
> new equipment?
>  
> John
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090411/9e4d0f04/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list