REFLECTOR: Engine failure causes

aminetech at bluefrog.com aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Apr 7 17:10:02 CDT 2009


You defifitely need to remove at least one washer on the fine pitch end.  I get 2600 rpm at the beginning of TO roll.  A few times I didn't have the pitch all the way fine during TO and a few hundred rpm makes a really big difference in acceleration.  If removing the washers isn't enough, you can cut an inch off each blade.  That will also reduce the possibility of a prop strike at high AOA.

John 

--- michalk at awpi.com wrote:

From: Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Engine failure causes
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 12:15:31 -0500

I have a three blade IVO, and was only able to generate 2250 RPM.  Mike 
Deeter has the exact configuration, except carbureted, and he turns 2200 
static.

In order to test out to redline on the ground, I plan to reconfigure the 
prop to a two bladed prop.  Does anyone have any info if this will get 
me to my 2800 redline?

aminetech at bluefrog.com wrote:
> Kurt,
>  
> I believe the mechanics that rebuild engines have a special prop for 
> testing the engne that blows a lot of air without the thrust.
>  
> John

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list