REFLECTOR: heater core exploded

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 14:46:05 CDT 2008


That would explain it.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Jim Agnew 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2008 2:27 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: heater core exploded


  An Auto heater core is designed for pressures much lower than oil pressures probably in the 15-20 pound range.

  Jim
   
  James F. Agnew
  Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
  Tampa, FL
  Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying 




  ----- Original Message ----
  From: Douglas Holub <douglas.holub at gmail.com>
  To: reflector at tvbf.org
  Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2008 3:08:36 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: heater core exploded


  Alex Balic, if you see this would you please call me at 469-426-4498? I fired up the engine today and my automotive heater core deformed from the oil pressure and started gushing oil. (I'm so glad that the interior isn't done yet.) I think I'm using a ball valve similar to yours; I'd just like to talk to you about it and see if I installed anything incorrectly.

  Doug Holub
  A milestone: the airplane moved under its own power today.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080913/30bc3955/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list