REFLECTOR: Nose gear doors don't close
Jack Prock
jackprock at comcast.net
Sat Oct 25 20:26:17 CDT 2008
I'm actually putting this in right now. Does anyone have any specifics for the mechanical linkage?
I have one small 10-second video that shows the linkage in operation, and I can probably
deduce what and how, but it would be easier if someone had some details... anything would help.
Thanks,
Jack Prock
----- Original Message -----
From: Chuck Jensen
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nose gear doors don't close
Mel,
If you get tired of fiddling with the hydraulics, jerk all of that stuff out and put in the mechanical linkage. Originally designed by David Scharfenberg and improved by Ken Mishler, it's simplicity, elegance and reliability are remarkable. I have probably a hundred to hundred and twenty cycles without ever a hitch on the front nose doors. Good stuff.
Chuck Jensen
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On Behalf Of PUSHERPILOT at wmconnect.com
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 1:36 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org; support at velocityaircraft.com
Subject: REFLECTOR: Nose gear doors don't close
While doing a pre-buy inspection on my Velocity STD RG I found that the nose gear doors are not closing. When I lift the gear leg by hand just a fraction of an inch the doors close. The gear had been tested several times a month before during the annual condition inspection. The airplane had not been flown since.
What happened in between? The gear leg is not coming up as far or the sequence valve changed it's adjustment, or ?? After the doors close the gear leg seems to be in the same position it always was, slightly rubbing on the doors. My sequence valve is the old style on the floor in back. I unbolted the forward connection on the shock/spring and reached in to adjust the sequence valve. The only way that I could hold the valve plunger was with a hemostat, and I turned the adjustment screw one half turn. When I put it all back together the doors still didn't close. Perhaps the hemostat allowed the plunger to turn.
The airplane has 120 hours. The hydraulic fluid level is OK. I tried increasing the pressure with the two adjusting screws and that didn't help. Al Gietzen, didn't we find that those screws didn't do anything way back when....
Any suggestions?
Mel Bina
N14B STD RG
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.8.3/1745 - Release Date: 10/25/2008 9:53 AM
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081025/3646888a/attachment-0001.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list