REFLECTOR: Latest on starter problem

steve korney s_korney at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 12:37:57 CDT 2008


I have had the same situation with Sky Tec... Don't confuse good customer service with bad Quality Control... It is still an inconvenience for the customer....

Best... Steve

From: stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
To: canard-aviators at yahoogroups.com; reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 16:49:07 -0400
Subject: REFLECTOR: Latest on starter problem










Today we went up to the airport and tried a direct 
connection to the starter, as I have suspected the starter all along. First we 
used my Power Sonic with direct connections to the starter, thus eliminating all 
of the wire and the two solenoids. Results: No difference. We then tried with 
two batteries  and the results were the same. The voltage at the batteries 
was 12.8 before cranking, 11.4 when it started cranking but when the prop came 
to the compression stroke it would stall and voltage dropped to about 6 
volts. This told me it was starter. I called Sky Tec and talked to Rich. I told 
him about our latest test and he, once again said he thought it was battery. 
Having three new batteries act the same seemed to me that we could rule out 
battery. Then I said "look I just got this starter back from you when you put on 
a new housing. I assume that it is checked before you 
send it back?"  He said "just a minute let me check the results of the 
test." He came back in two minutes and said "I am sending you out a new starter 
today. The test results on the starter showed it to be 33% below the standard 
for horse power." It should never have been sent back to me in that 
condition. He didn't know how it was missed but wanted to correct the 
situation. THAT IS GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. So it looks like it was the starter 
after all.
 
Thanks to all of those who took the time to 
responded. This group is so great for helping out.
 
Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, 
NY

_________________________________________________________________
Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live.
http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!550F681DAD532637!5295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_domore_092008
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081010/8df3692b/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list