REFLECTOR: castor angle.

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Sun Nov 23 18:30:31 CST 2008


Thanks, I will check but I doubt it. They are new with about ten hours on them. This shimmy started after the bear repair. Very slight but noticeable shimmy.

Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: John Tvedte 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 10:15 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: castor angle.


  Lou,

  Suggest you check what your angles are currently - and post them.

  For now, I would check to see if your rotors have any warp in them - 




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Lou Stedman [stedmanlou at roadrunner.com]
  Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 6:36 PM
  To: Reflector Velocity
  Subject: REFLECTOR: castor angle.


  Got a question for the group. I have read that castor angle is important to prevent wheel shimmy. I am led to believe that the castor should be level. I have fixed gear. While repairing my main landing struts I had to remove about two inches of length. I now have a very slight wheel shimmy on landing at about 50 kts. while breaking.  I am wondering if this could be caused by a change in the angle of my nose wheel castor. if so how do I change it?

  Lou Stedman
  Velocity N7044Q
  Olean, NY


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------



  No virus found in this incoming message.
  Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com 
  Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.9/1807 - Release Date: 11/23/2008 10:59 AM
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081123/a879bad0/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list