REFLECTOR: Emailing: Nose door operator

davedent at comcast.net davedent at comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 18:52:12 CST 2008


I have had this nose gear door closer on my XL for close to a year now and it is faultless.  The main issue I had was the size of springs and now I have it almost perfect.  When the gear comes down the doors open. When the gear goes up the doors close.  It's as simple as it can get.  It worked on the Long EZ's for years.  I removed all the hydraulics for the door sequence as you can see.  Put the up look switch on the hinge.  Had the part that attaches to the strut custom made with a brass bushing in it so the cable can center and slide in it.  I'm using the KISS principle here all the way, it works. 

The position of the cable guide on the strut,the springs as well as the upper attach point all come into play but once you move them around while testing it you can find the right position so everything clears going up and down. 

If you want more info let me know. But not through the site.  My pictures would be to large, as well I use to many words as it is. 
Dave




Your message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
Nose door operator

Note: To protect against computer viruses, E-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments.  Check your E-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled. 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081121/70e107f9/attachment-0001.htm 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Nose door operator.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 76662 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081121/70e107f9/attachment-0001.jpg 


More information about the Reflector mailing list