REFLECTOR: flight test plan

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 15:27:50 CST 2008


"Government publications on the subject are an excellent source of information on how to prepare in general."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks. Would they be at www.faa.gov? All I found there was AC 90-89A.

I was going to keep my first flight as simple as yours, but AC 90-89A makes a good point: it would be nice to know at exactly what speed the canard starts to stall before I attempt the first landing. So they suggest you take it up to 5000 feet and slow the plane down to discover its stall characteristics before landing for the first time. And mine's a new engine; ECI says to run it about 45 minutes on the first flight. 

Doug
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Laurence Coen 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 11:05 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: flight test plan


  Doug,

  Government publications on the subject are an excellent source of information on how to prepare in general.  My first flight was very simple by design.  I took off, left the gear down, flew the pattern and landed.  In that flight I learned that the plane flew as expected, the gauges stayed in the green and nothing fell off.  That's a lot for one flight.  I then put the plane on jacks and did the equivalent of an annual before the second flight.  Your mileage may vary. Make a plan.  Follow the plan.

  Larry Coen
  N136LC
  SE/RG Franklin-IVO


  From: Douglas Holub 
  Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:45 PM
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Subject: REFLECTOR: flight test plan


  Does anyone have a Velocity flight test plan I could use for a boilerplate?

  Doug Holub
  Standard FG w/ electric nose lift


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081117/8b3fc240/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list