REFLECTOR: amount of trim

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Nov 10 08:00:52 CST 2008


Thats a good thing to find out Lou.  Without that 30 lbs you were flying 
   on the dark side of the force!!  Very bad things can happen there!

Never ever fly aft of the CG limit(The Dark Side)!!

Scott

Lou Stedman wrote:
> Thanks Gary. Mine is a little different. When I am solo, I don't have 
> enough down trim. I did a new W&B and found out I need thirty pounds of 
> ballast in the nose when solo. That helps a lot with needed down trim 
> but I can't help but think I need some down trim. What model are you flying?
>  
> Lou Stedman
> Velocity N7044Q
> Olean, NY
> 
>     ----- Original Message -----
>     *From:* Gary Stull <mailto:gstull at tampabay.rr.com>
>     *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>     <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
>     *Sent:* Sunday, November 09, 2008 10:17 PM
>     *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: amount of trim
> 
>     I have much more up then down trim. In my case I never need any down
>     trim even flying solo, always some up trim required.
> 
>         ----- Original Message -----
>         *From:* Lou Stedman <mailto:stedmanlou at roadrunner.com>
>         *To:* Reflector Velocity <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
>         *Sent:* Friday, November 07, 2008 5:20 PM
>         *Subject:* REFLECTOR: amount of trim
> 
>         I have looked through my manual but do not find information on
>         how much up and down trim I am suppose to have. It does say that
>         the elevator should have 24-26 degrees of down and 20 degrees of
>         up. But it does not mention anything about trim. Can someone
>         shed some light on this? I have lots of up trim but almost no
>         down trim.
>          
>         Lou Stedman
>         Velocity N7044Q
>         Olean, NY
> 
>         ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
>         _______________________________________________
>         To change your email address, visit
>         http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
>         Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>         user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>         Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>         Check old archives:
>         http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
>     _______________________________________________
>     To change your email address, visit
>     http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
>     Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>     user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>     Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>     Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
>     No virus found in this incoming message.
>     Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
>     Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.0/1778 - Release Date:
>     11/9/2008 2:14 PM
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list