REFLECTOR: amount of trim

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Mon Nov 10 06:28:42 CST 2008


Lou,

I had the same problem as you.  Right now I'm at the new Dundee airport
17NK.  If you're interested I can stop by and you can fly with me and
see that reversing the sparrow strainer has no effect on stability.

John

Lou Stedman wrote:

> Thanks Gary. Mine is a little different. When I am solo, I don't have
> enough down trim. I did a new W&B and found out I need thirty pounds
> of ballast in the nose when solo. That helps a lot with needed down
> trim but I can't help but think I need some down trim. What model are
> you flying? Lou Stedman
> Velocity N7044Q
> Olean, NY
>
>      ----- Original Message -----
>      From: Gary Stull
>      To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>      Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2008 10:17 PM
>      Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: amount of trim
>       I have much more up then down trim. In my case I never need
>      any down trim even flying solo, always some up trim
>      required.
>
>           ----- Original Message -----
>           From: Lou Stedman
>           To: Reflector Velocity
>           Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 5:20 PM
>           Subject: REFLECTOR: amount of trim
>            I have looked through my manual but do not find
>           information on how much up and down trim I am
>           suppose to have. It does say that the elevator
>           should have 24-26 degrees of down and 20 degrees
>           of up. But it does not mention anything about
>           trim. Can someone shed some light on this? I have
>           lots of up trim but almost no down trim. Lou
>           Stedman
>           Velocity N7044Q
>           Olean, NY
>
>           ---------------------------------------------------
>
>           _______________________________________________
>           To change your email address, visit
>           http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>           Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>           user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>           Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>           Check old archives:
>           http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>      -------------------------------------------------------------
>
>      _______________________________________________
>      To change your email address, visit
>      http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>      Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>      user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>      Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>      Check old archives:
>      http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>      -------------------------------------------------------------
>
>      No virus found in this incoming message.
>      Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
>      Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.0/1778 - Release
>      Date: 11/9/2008 2:14 PM
>
>    ----------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>    ----------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Internal Virus Database is out of date.
> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
> Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.8.5/1755 - Release Date:
> 10/29/2008 5:27 PM
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081110/bb455f5a/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list