REFLECTOR: name on data plate
Douglas Holub
douglas.holub at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 08:27:50 CST 2008
Does everyone's data plate show last name first? All the ones I've seen
online at aircraft data plate websites show first name first.
My registration says Holub, Douglas R. My data plate says Douglas R. Holub.
I say the names are an exact match, and I'm thinking that some DARs
interpret it that way, also. And if that's true, I want to use one of those
DARs so I don't have to delay the airworthiness inspection 3 weeks just to
change the format of the name on the data plate.
Doug Holub
9 years and getting anxious to pull the stick back and watch her fly
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brett Ferrell" <bferrell at 123mail.net>
To: "Douglas Holub" <douglas.holub at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 7:10 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: name on data plate
> My understanding, from my FSDO inspector, is yes, that's correct.
>
> Brett
>
> Quoting Douglas Holub <douglas.holub at gmail.com>:
>
>> I read in Kitplanes today that the name on the data plate must exactly
>> match
>> the name on the registration, and that since the last name is first on
>> the
>> registration, it must also be first on the data plate. Is this true?
>>
>> Doug Holub
>
>
> --
> A ship in harbor is safe -- but that is not what ships are built for.
More information about the Reflector
mailing list