REFLECTOR: Mechanical Nose Door

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Wed Nov 5 20:18:11 CST 2008


Alex
   Thanks for your vote of confidence. I am working on it right  now.
   Ken
 
 
In a message dated 11/5/2008 8:29:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
velocity_pilot at verizon.net writes:

 
Hey  Ken 
16 miles- heck, I  drive that far to the grocery store every day- everything 
is spread out here  in TX you know! 
My sequence valve  system is working OK for now, but your is a better design 
with very low chance  of failure, and I am always for that, so please let me 
know when you get a  price nailed down, and I will send you the cash!  I would 
think that  Velocity would go for it and allow  you to supply or some other 
idea- too many folks have trouble with that  sequence valve. 
Alex 
 
  
____________________________________
 
From:  reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On 
Behalf Of  KMis178813 at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 1:23  PM
To:  reflector at tvbf.org
Subject:  Re: REFLECTOR: Mechanical Nose Door
 
Alex   
 
Yes I am  going to go into production on these as I do think it is a good 
product. I was  not ready to do so yet, but if the need is out there I will 
change my priority  list and get on task. As some of you know, I do not make a 
living selling  Velo parts. If I can improve the Velo or help the group with 
anything that  will, Sign me up! I try to charge a fair price for anything coming 
out of my  shop, so pricing will be set as soon as cost is finalized. I would 
guess that  the final production price will be in the neighborhood of $200. I 
think that  is close, but then again, when I get done with all involved costs, 
it may be  less....... or more.   I hope less. Anyone who has the need NOW,  
Please let me know and I will try to do what I can to help or supply. I have  
not talked to the factory about this being a supplied part and do not even  
know if they would endorse it. They have been kind to me in the past and I  
should probably take the trip to the factory and see them in person (a 16 mile  
trip)     .1 by Velo     (too far to  drive, too short to fly???)
 

 
Ken Mishler
 

 

 
 
In a message dated  11/4/2008 10:42:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, 
velocity_pilot at verizon.net  writes:

 
Ken- did you say  that you were going to manufacture these? Would be 
interested in the spirit  of KISS and all- this is a much better design then what is 
supplied with the  kit, and the factory should consider converting over.  
Please let me  know how much you think they would be- I can fab one if you have 
some  drawings that you could supply/sell. 
Thanks 
Alex 
 
  
____________________________________
 
From:  reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On 
Behalf Of  KMis178813 at aol.com
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 8:55  PM
To:  reflector at tvbf.org
Subject:  REFLECTOR: Mechanical Nose Door
 
Those that were interested in the video of the Mechanical Nose Door assembly  
can now find it on Brett's Wiki site   
_http://wiki.velocityxl.com/index.php?title=Mishler_nose_gear_ (http://wiki.velocityxl.com/index.php?ti
tle=Mishler_nose_gear)        Thanks to Brett.   I would much rather work on airplanes than 
try  to figure out how to send pictures on a computer. I wrote that I have 2  
ready to ship but I must explain that these 2 are just prototypes  and will 
not be the final production part. I would like to install 1 or  2 more so as to 
get the variables ironed out before putting them into  production. Some day 
soon this would be an afternoon retrofit but not yet. I  would really like the 
next install to be local (FL) if possible, so I  could oversee any 
imperfections in my instructions or product.  
 
Just a note about the closing mechanism. The hydraulic system that comes  
with a Velocity kit works really well and has  for years. The only reason for the 
Mechanical system was to eliminate the  need for the extra plumbing, the door 
closing cylinder and the sequence  valve.
 

 
Ken Mishler
 

 
 
  
____________________________________
 

Plan your next  getaway with AOL Travel. _Check  out Today's Hot 5 Travel 
Deals!_ 
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212416248x1200771803/aol?redir=http://travel.aol.com/discount-travel?ncid=emlcntustrav00000001) 



_______________________________________________
To  change your email address, visit  
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the  gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check  new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives:  http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




  
____________________________________
 
AOL  Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday 
needs. _Search  Now_ 
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212792382x1200798498/aol?redir=http://searchblog.aol.com/2008/11/04/happy-holidays-from-aol-search
/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001
) .



_______________________________________________
To  change your email address, visit  
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!   www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives:  www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives:  http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

**************AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other 
Holiday needs. Search Now. 
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212792382x1200798498/aol?redir=http://searchblog.aol.com/2008/11/04/happy-holidays-from
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081105/789a74a1/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list