REFLECTOR: Mechanical Nose Door
Ken C. Baker
kenb at velocityaircraft.com
Wed Nov 5 09:20:37 CST 2008
Alex et al,
We've been talking about going to a mechanical nose gear door system for
quite some time now. It all boils down to when we can schedule the time for
Scott to do an actual installation, flight test it, document it, and prepare
parts for field retrofit. We have a few other R&D projects that are a
priority right now. In the mean time I'll echo Ken - the hydraulic system is
available, proven, works well, and is rather simple as hydraulic systems go.
Anyone who's ever worked on the gear system for a C210 can back me up on
that.
Best Regards,
-Ken Baker
kenb at velocityaircraft.com
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Alex Balic
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 10:41 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Mechanical Nose Door
Ken- did you say that you were going to manufacture these? Would be
interested in the spirit of KISS and all- this is a much better design then
what is supplied with the kit, and the factory should consider converting
over. Please let me know how much you think they would be- I can fab one if
you have some drawings that you could supply/sell.
Thanks
Alex
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of KMis178813 at aol.com
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 8:55 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Mechanical Nose Door
Those that were interested in the video of the Mechanical Nose Door
assembly can now find it on Brett's Wiki site
http://wiki.velocityxl.com/index.php?title=Mishler_nose_gear Thanks to
Brett. I would much rather work on airplanes than try to figure out how to
send pictures on a computer. I wrote that I have 2 ready to ship but I must
explain that these 2 are just prototypes and will not be the final
production part. I would like to install 1 or 2 more so as to get the
variables ironed out before putting them into production. Some day soon this
would be an afternoon retrofit but not yet. I would really like the next
install to be local (FL) if possible, so I could oversee any imperfections
in my instructions or product.
Just a note about the closing mechanism. The hydraulic system that
comes with a Velocity kit works really well and has for years. The only
reason for the Mechanical system was to eliminate the need for the extra
plumbing, the door closing cylinder and the sequence valve.
Ken Mishler
_____
Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check
<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212416248x1200771803/aol?redir=htt
p://travel.aol.com/discount-travel?ncid=emlcntustrav00000001> out Today's
Hot 5 Travel Deals!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081105/82d167fb/attachment-0001.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list