REFLECTOR: Propguard

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Thu May 22 08:49:44 CDT 2008


I have found that rain makes dimples in the stainless tape supplied for IVO props.
Also it just doesn't hold up long even with no rain.  I switched to Propguard and it
holds up very well.  The accelerator is for porous surfaces and not needed on smooth
surfaces.  IVO does not recommend Propguard as they say moisture gets under it.  I
didn't understand how this would happen, but after 100 hours I have a bubble of black
liquid growing under the Propguard.  My guess is that sunlight is promoting some kind
of growth.  I'm thinking of painting the Propguard to block sunlight.  Any suggestions
for a paint to use?

John

Tom wrote:

> Flew a long trip yesterday and the paint abraded off the leading edge of
> my compost prop due to some heavy rain I flew through. Interested in
> trying propguard tape. Aircraft Spruce shows it as approved for metal
> props and in reading the installation instructions they mention using an
> accelerator on the painted prop (not to be used on unpainted prop) prior
> to installing tape to improve adhesion. Will this accelerator damage
> composites or does it just improve adhesion to the paint?? thx Tom
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list