REFLECTOR: Site gage tube tore like wet cardboard, YIKES
Matt Bucko
mbuc310 at cox.net
Tue May 20 19:56:50 CDT 2008
Glad there were no sparks. The Vance kits I have seen look great. Air
that puppy out.
Matt
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Al Gietzen
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 6:44 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Site gage tube tore like wet cardboard, YIKES
What tubing would y'all recommend for this use, that is clear AND not
subject to deteriorating? Really, it tore like wet cardboard. I must have
completely missed earlier discussion on this problem. But, alas, would much
rather find it now.
Chris;
What a bummer!! I don't recall what came with the kit, but I think it was
not rigid tubing - maybe some kind of vinyl or derivative? I decided to go
with Vance's site gauge which is made from lexan. Mine has had auto fuel in
it for 3 years and no problem with the lexan. There was a problem with the
white plastic back plate that is there to make it easier to read, as the
small holes to the tank would swell shut. He now provided metal grommets to
put in the holes.
I think a rigid acrylic tube would also work, but some EZ flier told me
that it yellows with age.
Best,
Al
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080520/557d5199/attachment-0001.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list