REFLECTOR: fuel line fittings
Alex Balic
velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Fri May 16 22:20:49 CDT 2008
Hi Noel-
The reason for not using tape is the possibility that some may dislodge and
jam up in an injector, fuel flow sensor or the like- the preferred sealant
for pipe threads (in my opinion) is the Teflon paste- it is inert, just
about a slick as the Teflon tape- which is what you need when tightening
pipe thread,, and as long as you are conservative with it's use, should not
pose any threat to anything downstream- you should wipe the material into
the male threads with your finger so there isn't any extra sitting there
that could eventually become dislodged.
Alex
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of gattenby at tulsaconnect.com
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 10:07 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: fuel line fittings
Any thoughts / consisus on fuel line fittings?
As in steel vs alumin?
My guess is that the tubing is alumin, why not the
fittings?
If I'm using an822-6d elbows, then do I need an818-6d nut
and an819-6d bushing?
When I do house water pumbing, I use teflon tape in the
fittings.
I've heard not to use teflon tape in fuel fittings...
Is there a prefered sealant?
Noel
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list