REFLECTOR: dynafocal engine mount, fit

Sid Knox sbjknox at earthlink.net
Thu May 15 23:29:22 CDT 2008


Hi Andy,

> I had two buddies come over to help get the engine mount on.  It took all
> three of us and a 2x4 as a lever.  One held the engine.  One used the 2x4 
> to
> pry the mount open and the third slid the bolt in.  I don't know if it is
> the same for the IO-360.  I know I don't want to have to take the thing 
> off
> again.  :)
>
> Andy

I know zip about mechanical design but my gut-feeling about the stress in 
the engine mount
joints if it was off enough to have to use a 2x4 to deform it is scary. 
Perhaps someone who
knows about such matters can bless that technique?

Sid Knox
Oklahoma

Velocity  173 RG  N199RS
Starduster  N666SK
KR2         N24TC
W7QJQ




More information about the Reflector mailing list