REFLECTOR: center spar strength, dynafocal engine mount, a promising engine
doug.holub at tx.rr.com
doug.holub at tx.rr.com
Wed May 14 09:01:38 CDT 2008
Can I drill holes through the back of the spar to run the fuel line and alternator cable through the firewall? Isn't the strength of the spar in the caps?
Also, is there a trick to lining up the holes in the type 1 dynafocal mount? I can only get one 7/16" bolt to fit. I've got 3/8" bolts in the other three holes.
This ECI IOX-360 engine looks promising. ECI rates it at 188 hp with 8.5:1 compression even though it's a parallel valve. I think they get the other 8 hp from cold air induction, improved air flow, and the fuel injection. The Lightspeed literature says that dual Plasma III electronic ignition adds another 6%, which kicks it up to 199 hp. So almost 200 hp for less weight and size than the Lycoming angle valve IO-360. On the test stand, it starts easily and runs smoothly. Can't wait to see what it does in the air!
Doug Holub
Standard FG, 90% done, 20% to go
More information about the Reflector
mailing list