REFLECTOR: Epoxy Dye
Brian Michalk
michalk at awpi.com
Mon May 12 13:07:02 CDT 2008
Yes.
Juanita used some on the high scratch prone areas, like around the doors.
Added black color to the layups. When finished, painted the door
stiffeners black.
She should know where to get it.
Brooke Wolf wrote:
> I like to use epoxy/microballoons for fillets and general filling because of
> the light weight of the substance. However, because of the light color
> (almost white) of this mixture, it is very difficult to see air bubbles when
> glass is laid on top. Air bubbles and epoxy/microballoons are about the
> same color.
>
> Flox or Cab-o-sill yield a much darker mixture and consequently it is much
> easier to differintiate the light colored air bubbles from dark fill.
> But....the fill is heavier.
>
> I had the brilliant idea that I would solve this conundrum by simply dyeing
> the micro with food coloring. But then I thought food coloring is water
> based (I think). Water and epoxy would probably not do well together!
>
> That brings me to the question, does anybody know of a dye or some other
> method of darkening the epoxy/micro mixture without adding weight?
>
> Brooke
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list