REFLECTOR: Mag Gaskets

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Wed May 7 13:29:46 CDT 2008


Thanks.  I figured there must be a reason 2 were there and I found out the reason when
I tried to install the new mag with just one.  The manual shows a 0.4" spacer between
the mag and engine.  There is none installed on mine, probably because of inadequate
clearance.  One gasket doesn't allow the mag to be tight to the engine.  That is
likely what caused the oil leak that I thought was coming from the fuel pump as the
old gaskets probably compressed enough over time to cause the leak.  I've installed 3
gaskets so that should be enough to keep it tight over time.  I'll see.

John

Laurence Coen wrote:

> John,
>
> I only have one gasket on my mags.
>
> Larry Coen
> N136LC
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> From: "John Dibble" <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 1:29 PM
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Mag Gaskets
>
> > I'm replacing the mag on my Franklin and notice there are 2 gaskets.
> > One is thicker and goes around the mounting studs.  The second is a
> > small ring next to the mag.  The a/p tells me that only the larger one
> > is needed.  Can anyone think of a reason that the second one would be
> > installed?
> >
> > John
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list