REFLECTOR: draggy rudder cable

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 26 11:24:31 CDT 2008


Doug,

I have the old style external rudder horns and can deflect the rudder and 
the cable slides in all the way till the nicopress hits the winglet.  In 
other words, no noticeable resistance.  Even with the rudder pedal return 
springs removed, the spring in the winglet will return the rudder to the 
stop.  I don't think that graphite would hurt anything but shouldn't be 
necessary.  If your cables are draggy, there may be something else afoot.

Larry Coen
N136LC

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <doug.holub at tx.rr.com>
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 2:17 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: draggy rudder cable


> I'm installling the rudder cables in the fuselage and the wing. Is there 
> anything with which I could lubricate the cable to make it move easier? 
> Graphite?
>
> Doug Holub
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 



More information about the Reflector mailing list