REFLECTOR: VG for naca scoop.

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 20 12:44:27 CDT 2008


Jim, 
 
I would be interested in knowing the results of your tests. Those numbers  
are the reason I chose to change power plants on my 173 Elite. My airpark is at  
5000' and temps are routinely 90 in the summer. Can you imagine what that 
would  do to your takeoff roll? I have to fly to Gunnison Colorado every other 
week and  the 
 
I have 1/2 lower winglets on mine, and kept the elevator cuffs off . I have  
purchased a set of VG's but hadn't planned on putting them on right away. I  
would rather keep the wing & canard nice and clean if the performance is  
acceptable. I plan on seeing how the thing performs with 340 HP (700'/lbs. of  
torque at the prop) and a 76" 3-blade constant speed. 
 
I used NACA scoops for my cooling too and plan on using VG's on them if  
needed. 
 
Did you build your own wings & canard, or did you have them  built?  
 
 
Thanks for your info.   Kurt 



**************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL 
Home.      
(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?ncid=aolhom00030000000001)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080320/2747c093/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list