REFLECTOR: VG for naca scoop.

Ron Brown romott at mi-connection.com
Wed Mar 19 13:03:49 CDT 2008


I have done something similar - mine are made of 1/2" aluminum, placed about 2" in front of the ramp.  I didn't see a 20 degree improvement but I did see about 10 or so.  Perhaps I need to move mine a bit further forward.

Ronnie
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Laurence Coen 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 1:03 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: VG for naca scoop.


  Jim,

  I have a standard Elite with a Franklin engine.  When I first started flying, I had marginal oil cooling.  I installed two VG's about 4" ahead of my oil cooler inlet. I made them out of 3/4" aluminum angle, 1" in length.  They are angled nose in about 10 deg. and spaced 1.5" apart.  This lowered my oil temperature 20 deg.

  Larry Coen
  N136LC
    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: Jim & Sharon Beck 
    To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
    Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:55 PM
    Subject: REFLECTOR: VG for naca scoop.


    Can anyone tell me how far ahead of the oil cooler scoop to place the vgs to increase flow, also I want to put some ahead of my cabin ventilator on the bottom of the pan as I'm not getting much flow out of the vents in the back seat.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    \Thanks
    Jim  
       CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or otherwise be protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------


      _______________________________________________
      To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

      Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
      user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
      Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
      Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


----------------------------------------------------------------------------


    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080319/08b1ffc9/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list