REFLECTOR: IO-390 engines?

Grigore Rosu grigore.rosu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 13:41:55 CDT 2008


Richard,

Took a look at the TMX-390 engine (http://www.mattituck.com/tmx390.htm) and
it looks great.  Am I wrong saying that it is both cheaper and lighter than
the 200HP IO-360, at the same time producing 210HP?

Sounds like a great option.  Is there anything that I, in my ingnorance in
this domain, do not see here?  Why would anybody consider a 200HP IO-360
over an IO-390?

BTW, did you also get the FADEC with it?

Thanks,
Grigore

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Richard J. Gentil <
richard at naples-air-center.com> wrote:

> Today I sent half the day wiring up the gear handle, the gear & pump
> lights, and the test & reset switches. It is something how time flies. I had
> done the up & downlock microswitches as well as the throttle microswitch
> last week. I hope to install the panel next week. (I only work on the plane
> on Fridays.) If I were to work every day on the Velo, I could run the engine
> in around five days. So I figure five to six weeks which will turn out to be
> two months.
>
> I cannot wait to hear it come to life. I can almost taste it. If I had
> gone all conventional instead of a three tube EFIS and dual electronic
> ignition, I would have probably already run the engine. But this was
> something I expected and planned for. Just hope the wait is worth all the
> extra work.
>
> Richard
>
> doug.holub at tx.rr.com wrote:
>
> It's amazing how long it takes to wire up the airplane. A day will go by, and all I have to show for it is a couple of cables constructed and some parts ordered.
> ---- "Richard J. Gentil" <richard at naples-air-center.com> <richard at naples-air-center.com> wrote:
>
>
>   For some reason the reflector is going days without delivering any email
> and then all of a sodden I get 30 to 40 at a time so I apologize for not
> being able to get back to you sooner.
>
> The engine looks great, which is all I can tell you since I am close to
> running it but not quite to that stage yet. I am in the middle of the
> miles of wiring associated with an all electric airplane. I hope to run
> the engine in the next couple of months. (I only work on her one day a
> week.)
>
> Richard
>
> Kevin Baker wrote:
>
>
> Hi Richard,
> How do you like it?
>
> Kevin
>
> At 04:06 PM 3/11/2008, Richard J. Gentil wrote:
>
>
>
> Hi Kevin,
>
> I have a Mattituck TMX-390.
>
> Richard
>
> Kevin Baker wrote:
>
>
>
> Hi All,
> I was wondering if anyone was using the IO-390 type engines.
> I know there are a variety of folks selling them from Barrett,
> Performance, to Lycombing.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Baker
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
>
>
>
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>         Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>           _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>         _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>       _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080316/170ac355/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list