REFLECTOR: wing-winglet layup C

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 16 10:12:50 CDT 2008


Steve,

You pretty much nailed the situation.  I hadn't downloaded the most recent
version of the manual.  I understand better now what you were asking.

I'm glad the pictures were a help.  I love your pictures!

The pic of your plane (wings on) in the loft ready to swoop down on the
Tiger is sweet!!!

I love the idea of cutting holes in the roof for the winglets.  That way
"Fat Cat Air" will have a hangar with ears!  :)

I hope you have a good building weekend.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Steve Goldman
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2008 9:23 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: wing-winglet layup C


Andy Millin wrote:
> Steve,
> 
> I think they want you to keep the glass forward of the rudder cutout 
> line. Since it will be cut, anything that wound up on the rudder would 
> not do anything but add weight.

Yep that almost goes without saying. Well actually they specifically 
say that for layup D and the drawing for fig. 2-29 showing D. But the 
words for layup C say the bellcrank cutout and that is what the 
drawing for fig 2-28 show. So it would seem they very specifically 
changed the manual from the older version (If you haven't updated your 
manual you could see if the drawing has changed).

I see that Andy Ellzey saw the manual the same way as me but in the 
end did the cave method. If it weren't for the videos and your site a 
builder wouldn't be aware of the cave idea at all since there is no 
mention in the current manual. So I'm back to building a cave before 
reading the manual sent me off into the weeds. :-)

BTW the earlier email should have said the 4/2006 manual and "Even the 
widest uni is 15" wide."

-- 
Steve Goldman
'77 Tiger N28531
Velocity XL5-RG (T-2810 hrs) N758SG (reserved)
Pittsboro, NC (9NC8)
http://fatcatair.com _______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list