REFLECTOR: Recommended Tools for Building a Composite Aircraft

Steve Goldman steve at fatcatair.com
Fri Mar 14 21:46:04 CDT 2008


So one thing you might want to do is search the tvbf archives at 
http://www.tvbf.org/search

When I first started building I asked the question "what would you do 
- not do" and got a lot of good advice. If you search the archives 
with the string "what would you do" it will bring up the thread.

Also the Cozy Girrrls have a recommended set of tools on their page 
although it probably takes more tools to build a Cozy. Wicks actually 
has a package of their recommended composite tools:

http://www.cozygirrrl.com/tools_wicks.htm

I don't have all those tools. I practically never use scissors so 
electric ones would be silly and although I'm sure the Fein tool is 
great it is pretty expensive. I use a cheap HF body saw and dremel tool.

-- 
Steve Goldman
'77 Tiger N28531
Velocity XL5-RG (T-2810 hrs) N758SG (reserved)
Pittsboro, NC (9NC8)
http://fatcatair.com


More information about the Reflector mailing list