REFLECTOR: Hanger Sky Lights
Tom & Mo Falls
tommo at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 14 09:13:22 CDT 2008
Thanks for all the replies. The sky lights I will have are the corrugated
style so I’m not too concerned about leaks. The question was intended to get
feedback like this one regarding the sun interaction with the plane and
building supplies. I will work with the builder to leave some metal roofing
panels behind so I can install them if I later decide one or all of the
clear panels were a bad idea. Plus I’ll plan on keeping all foam and
chemicals stored away from direct sun light.
Joe Ewen – I will be about 2 hours from you at Twin Lakes Air Park (S17).
There is another fellow at S17 (not on Reflector) also building an SERG. He
just bought his engine (Lyc IO360) and would be installing it now except he
has diverted his attention to building a Light Sport airplane. My plane is
in storage in Wisconsin until the hanger is done in another couple of weeks.
Tom
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Milehitaz at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:05 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Hanger Sky Lights
My only concern would be UV....I have no idea if the clear or even darkened
plastic or fiberglass of sky lights would filter it out... I had a chunk
of blue foam sitting in filtered light of a window for a while and it
definitely took a beating from a few hours of filtered sun light a day over
time...
Larry Lambert
Very slow building a Fast Build XL/RG
_____
It's Tax Time! HYPERLINK
"http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001" \nGet tips, forms and
advice on AOL Money & Finance.
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 7.5.518 / Virus Database: 269.21.7 - Release Date: 3/8/2008 12:00
AM
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.7/1328 - Release Date: 3/13/2008
11:31 AM
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080314/3e2521c6/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list