REFLECTOR: Main Gear Actuator

steve korney s_korney at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 10 16:38:11 CDT 2008




Jon...

The pump puts out over 1500lbs. per sq. in. and that's a lot more then your compressor.... Did the washer and seal  come out after the snap ring...?

Best... Steve

________________________________
> From: jbachman at zianet.com
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:50:22 -0600
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Main Gear Actuator
> 
> 
> I’ll check in better light than I had last night.  I tried shop air and some firm quick yanks and it didn’t budge.  The seals were leaking and causing the pump to cycle.
> 
> 
> 
> Jon
> 
> 
> 
> ________________________________
> 
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of steve korney
> Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 11:36 AM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Main Gear Actuator
> 
> 
> 
> Check to see if there is a burr on the snap ring groove... That might be holding it in...
> 
> Best... Steve
> 
> ________________________________
> 
> From: jbachman at zianet.com
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:50:13 -0600
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Main Gear Actuator
> 
> I tried to disassemble my RG STD main gear actuator to replace the seals last night and ran into a dead end.  I removed the snap ring at the end where the actuator shaft exits the cylinder and could not extract the piston.  Is there something that I’m missing?
> 
> 
> 
> It is an ARO TEK actuator.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Jon
> 
> N956DR
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ________________________________
> 
> Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!

_________________________________________________________________
Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live.
http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_012008


More information about the Reflector mailing list