REFLECTOR: paint
doug.holub at tx.rr.com
doug.holub at tx.rr.com
Mon Mar 10 08:28:05 CDT 2008
Thanks, everyone. I'm good to go.
Doug
---- Kevin Baker <flykb at verizon.net> wrote:
> http://www.yachtsupplydepot.com/painting-and-fiberglass-repair/primers-and-fairing-compounds/us-paint-545-anti-corrosive-epoxy-primer-white-quart-d-8001/prod_226.html
>
>
>
>
> At 08:53 PM 3/9/2008, Al Gietzen wrote:
> >Doug;
> >
> >The US Paint 545 (that Velocity primes the parts with, or at least did on my
> >kit from 10 years ago) is an excellent UV blocking primer. Interlux, and
> >probably other marine primers are also good. The PPG urethane finishes will
> >go on over any expoxy primer.
> >
> >Al
> >
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> >Behalf Of doug.holub at tx.rr.com
> >Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 5:12 PM
> >To: reflector at tvbf.org
> >Subject: REFLECTOR: paint
> >
> >I'm getting a little confused with the paint options. I've looked at
> >Awlgrip, PPG, and DuPont. Could somebody give me a part number for a UV
> >blocking primer and a top coat from the same manufacturer and where I can
> >buy them?
> >
> >By the way, I figured out a solution to my leaking fuel tank problem. I'm
> >going to fill the strakes with lithium-ion batteries and put an electric
> >motor under the cowl.
> >
> >Doug Holub
> >_______________________________________________
> >To change your email address, visit
> >http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> >Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> >user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> >Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
> >
> >_______________________________________________
> >To change your email address, visit
> >http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> >Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> >user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> >Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
> >
> >--
> >No virus found in this incoming message.
> >Checked by AVG.
> >Version: 7.5.518 / Virus Database: 269.21.7/1322 - Release Date:
> >3/9/2008 12:17 PM
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list