REFLECTOR: ELT antenna +Uli accident

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 17:44:12 CST 2008


Greg,

I did tests with a field strength meter and found the foil antenna superior to the 1/4 wave ground plane.

Larry Coen
N136LC
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Greg Poole 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 4:09 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: ELT antenna +Uli accident


  Lawrence,

   

  That approach looks, simple, light & cost effective!  Have you tested it's efficacy?  .or has someone else with similar arrangement (maybe not on the CU spar) had good results?

   

  When you are involved in a group like this over  a number of  years, a graphic and extreme accident such as Uli's rattles you to the core, words cannot describe how sorry and sick I feel for those involved in the matter. I'm sure all of us, would not want to be in Uli's shoes given what resulted.  I was instrumental in organising a bimonthly SAAA (OZ EAA equiv.) "brunch" at our local airfield and my worst fear is for an accident, let alone one with member or any other fatalities, to occur.

   

  Fly safe, fly carefully all - the risks are real

   

  Greg in Sydney

   greg at pooledresources.com.au 

   

   

  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Laurence Coen
  Sent: Friday, 7 March 2008 06:42
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
  Subject: REFLECTOR: ELT antenna

   

  Doug,

   

  I mounted a copper tape dipole antenna on the CS spar.  See attached picture.

   

  Larry Coen

  N136LC

   

   



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080306/3080d11e/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list