REFLECTOR: Accident

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Wed Mar 5 22:36:25 CST 2008


I am not the spokesman nor do I have First hand  information but for those 
that are inquiring. I will relay what I know as  of Wednesday morning. Uli is in 
a induced coma, on a ventilator, at a  Orlando Hospital with 40% of his body 
in 2nd and 3rd degree burns. It looks like  it could go either way at this 
point. We can only pray for the best, it's up to  him.
    A friend and local EAA Chapter president was allowed to  see Uli in the 
hospital the afternoon of the accident. Uli was conscious and  inquiring of the 
well being of the occupants of the other plane (RV8) and his  passenger, a 
personal friend of mine, Donald Key. He was told of the other  plane's 
occupants, but Don was still holding on at that time. 
    I have seen pictures of the event enough to figure out  that the fuselage 
did stay intact during the entire accident and that  Uli actually walked out 
of the plane (in seconds)  with only minor  injuries. The fire is what was the 
worst part. The heat in the plane must have  been incredible. Seeing Uli 
walking around in our local yellow EAA  Chapter shirt, immediately after the 
accident, is hard to believe.  Especially with the outcome for the others, and 
Uli's future.
    Uli is doing what he can to recover but please also  remember the others 
who were involved and their family's. 

Ken


Has there been any information on the condition of Uli? 


_______________________________________________
To  change your email address, visit  
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!   www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives:  www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives:  http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




**************It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money & 
Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080305/49942e44/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list